• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx2 tactical notes and observations
03-06-2015, 03:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015, 04:10 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: CMx2 tactical notes and observations
EXPERIENCE, LEADERSHIP and FIRING ON THE MOVE TESTS

I set up 6 x PzIVH's(late) on a sunny day..
[Image: RT-qual1_zps5ngwry3q.jpg~original]

and 6 x T-3485 1944(early) facing each other, and then ordered both sides to move up their slopes, stop and choose their own targets-
[Image: RT-qual2_zpsjsfvish9.jpg~original]

Both sides were buttoned, their Ratings were-
Experience: Regular
Motivation: Normal
Fitness: Fit
Leader: 0

Result- 6 x PzIVH's destroyed, 3 x T-3485's destroyed.
Conclusion- in a straight faceoff the T-3485's are best, I think their bigger calibre shots swung it their way.
Screenshot from the height of the action-
[Image: RT-qual3_zpsulldncgj.jpg~original]

Next test: I unbuttoned the Germans to see if it'd help them spot the Russkis quicker, and it seemed to help slightly-
Result: 6 x PzIVH's destroyed, 4 x T-3485's destroyed.

Next test: I buttoned the panzers back up and ordered the T-34's to charge the static German line on 'Fast' to see how moving affected accuracy.
Result: 5 x Panzers destroyed, 2 x T-34's destroyed.

I ran it again but this time ordered the Germans to charge on 'Fast' against the static Russian line.
Result: 6 x panzers destroyed, 0 T-34's destroyed (although 2 T-34's Dismounted and another was immobd)
Conclusion- moving definitely degrades accuracy. This screenshot sums it up, the panzer is charging at top speed and firing on the move, but his shot slams into the ground (circled)
[Image: RT-qual4_zpsg8a8d6b8.jpg~original]

Next test: I upped the German Experience level from Regular to Elite and set up another static faceoff shootout.
Result: 4 x panzers destroyed, 4 x T-34's destroyed.
Conclusion: Elite level definitely gives a boost

Final test: I reset the Ger experience back to 'Regular', and gave them a +2 Leadership rating and did another faceoff shootout.
Result: 2 x panzers destroyed, 6 x T-34's destroyed, the panzers win at last! (below is a screenshot from the action)
[Image: RT-qual5_zpsillt0goc.jpg~original]

SUMMARY
Normally the PzIVH is outclassed by the T-3485, but if we make the panzer crews 'Elite', the two tanks become equal.
And if the German crews are 'Regular', we can boost their performance by giving them a +2 Leadership rating to make them outclass the T-3485 in combat, and of course the two Experience/Leadership ratings also hold good for all other units in the game.
Firing while moving reduces the accuracy of the tank gunner, but on the other hand it also seems to make the mover slightly harder to hit.
Unbuttoning slightly reduces the time it takes to spot the enemy.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMBN general notes and observations - by Nort - 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM
RE: CMx2 tactical notes and observations - by PoorOldSpike - 03-06-2015, 03:46 AM