• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
03-05-2015, 09:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015, 09:11 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
Quote:This value is currently set at 1 in the PDT, ie. it is not having an effect.

I thought as much after playing a Nechaevka PBEM turn, I guess the Panzer IV's in my test runs just had a good day.

I'm still worried about how likely it is for smaller, well-trained units to hold off a larger enemy force, and I fear Ozerovskii might be a painful experience for the SS in that regard. For Normandy, being able to hold off a large British tank assault with a limited force is also essential for the Caen sector.

By that time, you'll have Panzer IV's and Panthers mostly though, so your hard attack values are significantly better than those of the Panzer III's at Kursk as the Axis as well, but it's mostly the still limited opportunity fire that might do you harm.

Quote:This should now work exactly like PzC/MC. The fire value is not doubled in hex - fly your stukas with (a little) impunity.

AA fire values not being doubled is good. I realize the Soviets have few AA units in most cases and will as such have a limited chance of shooting aircraft down in most scenarios, but I felt the ground fire was too punishing and random pre-patch, so I welcome the changes.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released - by ComradeP - 03-05-2015, 09:06 PM