• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
03-05-2015, 04:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015, 04:52 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released
Thanks for the hard work guys!

Gresnoye looks good.

Quote:• AA range calculation fixed – it was quartering the impact
• Breakdown percentages quartered in the PDT file (1 for both sides).

Thanks for these, they should certainly help. The breakdowns being corrected will be important for larger scenarios, like Ozerovskii.

Am I correct in assuming that AA values at range 0 are still doubled, with air units being as likely to be shot down by ground fire as before the patch? I'll still have to take some care with Stuka missions then, but it's nice that AA units work well now.

Quote:• Hard Fire modifier added to the PDT to allow scaling of combat results

This is quite vague, but initial tests show a slight increase in tank vs. tank casualties, although that might also be coincidental.

The revisions to fog of war will allow artillery to be used more efficiently, which is nice for the Soviets as they don't have to guess which of the two units is the 96 men double platoon unit and which is the 48 men platoon.

-

For a future patch, if gun vs. tank/tank vs. tank combat is indeed more lethal now, the main combat improvements (from my perspective) I'd like to see are:

-Units, particularly hidden units, being unlikely to be the target of return fire (particularly direct return fire) if they were not firing or moving (often, the return fire doesn't hit the firing/moving unit but hits some unfortunate unit also in the hex).

-Air strikes being more likely to target larger units, so you can no longer either game the system deliberately by placing a couple small units in a hex with a tank unit (for example) or have your HQ units take the hits. Few things are more frustrating than losing a Stuka to return fire by tanks without cupola/turret mounted MG's and then having the Stuka unit kill the HQ tank.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panzer Battles - Kursk Version 1.01 released - by ComradeP - 03-05-2015, 04:50 AM