• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FWWC France '14 and East Prussia '14 - locking ZOCs or not?
01-29-2015, 10:10 PM,
FWWC France '14 and East Prussia '14 - locking ZOCs or not?
I know that there is a thread about the suggested choice of the optional rules for TOCs and locking ZOCs are not among the ones that are advised for WWI, but hasn't that changed in the meantime? I have ben reading a book about the material battle and attrition warfare in the western front in 1916 and the author's depiction of the course of events there any breakthroughs were an extremely laborous and tricky business. Doesn't introducing the LOCs support a more realistic handling of positional warfare in F'14 where any penetrations, either on wide or narow front, shallow or deep, need to be carefully comstructed interms of deployment to prevent counter attacks on their flanks and cutting the turkey's neck? On the other hand I think it may not work too realistically in the east where two battalions can easily catch an enemy element in an enfilade grip and block it completely in anticipation of other friendly forces arriving to complete encirclement and allow destruction in detail on a major scale. I know that locking ZOCs give advantage to the attcker and make the game work more like a board one with neither of those being my aim. I am asking just for the sake of pursuing even greater realism.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
FWWC France '14 and East Prussia '14 - locking ZOCs or not? - by burroughs - 01-29-2015, 10:10 PM