• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk patch & Panzer Battles 2. WARNING Image Heavy
01-24-2015, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2015, 05:17 PM by -72-.)
RE: Kursk patch & Panzer Battles 2. WARNING Image Heavy
Of course in a perfect world we'd get to use png's instead of bmp's -so you could have a truer transparency as well ... although I am not going to be the one to suggest it. I would love to be able to use actual shadows instead of the alternating black pixel routine.

Since there is no actual transparency on a bmp -I am guessing that is basically more or less adjusting the white balance? Interesting- I ought to try that and see what happens. All that you would need to do is create a layer of the background, adjust the file to whatever percentage -then slap the background layer over on top of it -- touch up any areas as needed.

I think I might just do a trial of adjusting the transparency and not mess with the layers unless I actually have to do it.

My personal feeling is that the use of elevation hexside graphics obviates the need for elevation definition by color -but that is another story all together I guess.

Edited ... I tried it... granted on my own combination (with just the hexes) not sure -but I think it does solve the alt files for the CWB series.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kursk patch & Panzer Battles 2. WARNING Image Heavy - by -72- - 01-24-2015, 05:02 PM