• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Kursk patch & Panzer Battles 2. WARNING Image Heavy
01-23-2015, 08:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 04:45 PM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Kursk patch & Panzer Battles 2. WARNING Image Heavy
Looking very nice. Keep up the good work Strela! I like the new look of the top down icons. :)

In general (not a criticism to anything shown here) I have always thought that most wargames tend to make the terrain/map too saturated in color. A good example of this is the Nappy/ACW games where the map burns the retinas out of my eyes every time I look upon it. I offered a set of 66% saturated graphics to use in future updates and I hope they eventually show up in those titles. Lowering the saturation was like magic too in those games as it suddenly made the unit counters more noticeable, taking emphasis off the terrain and making it easier to look at. In regards to map graphics that are filling 99% of the screen, less saturation is usually more.

I am not saying that this is an issue here, I am just talking out of my rear end (which may or may not be helpful). :)

Good to actually see experimentation going on! Now if onlythe Luddites would realize that progress and experimentation is a GOOD thing. Good luck with that one. ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kursk patch & Panzer Battles 2. WARNING Image Heavy - by Volcano Man - 01-23-2015, 08:41 AM