• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Evolution of the X Mod‏
01-20-2015, 01:35 AM,
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏
(01-19-2015, 11:57 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
Quote:Another noticeable difference is your tanks, in most cases, will automatically choose the best round for your target. Meaning you'll be firing the most effective round for tank vs. tank combat and against infantry targets also.

I am very curious as to how you were able to do this. It's always been a bit of a frustrating thing with SB, having to toggle back and forth between loads.

Hi A,

Primarily by using the "C" flag. It will increase your effect against armor, but also allows a higher pen value to applied to the infantry.
Also, infantry in pill boxes, caves, bunkers and I believe industrial hexes, since they are treated as a "hard" armored target.
Also, in some of the modern games, there were several load options for AP, for example. These loads did not have any restriction as far as to simulate a certain amount of that ammo carried. So in those cases I eliminated or combined them for their best effect. Most of my players agreed that while it was nice to have multiple AP rounds, they would would always choose the best one any way.

In reality, HE was a legitimate tank vs. tank load. Many Russians preferred it. However the way the SB game works, HE was supposed to be used on infantry. The manual gives much detail on what the different flag options do, and I ran a lot of tests and played a lot of games to see what their effects are.

Of course, if the weapon supports canister or smoke or whatever, those load options are still there.

It's not an infantry slaughter. But you don't have to close assault them all the time to be effective.
As we all know too, tanks do not replenish their ammo or efficiency like infantry, so you can't go crazy shooting everything in sight either.

Also it's not a one shot one kill tank duel either. Everything just seems to work, especially using the stock load data.

Anytime you want to play a game of it, just let me know. Ed's always up for battle too :-)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by keif149 - 01-18-2015, 02:10 AM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by burroughs - 01-18-2015, 07:19 AM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by keif149 - 01-18-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by keif149 - 01-18-2015, 08:53 AM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by TheBigRedOne - 01-19-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by keif149 - 01-20-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by Wodin - 01-23-2015, 12:32 AM
RE: Evolution of the X Mod‏ - by keif149 - 01-23-2015, 09:28 AM