• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Today, 75 years ago, Soviet Union invaded Poland
09-20-2014, 05:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-20-2014, 05:17 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Today, 75 years ago, Soviet Union invaded Poland
(09-20-2014, 05:23 AM)berto Wrote: Whitewashing history?

Berto, unfortunately not I think. It is just that people don't know their history anymore, nor are interested of it. Ignorance is a bliss. Much more fun to go shopping or to a sports pub right.

Speaking of Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, that date, August 23rd, is declared the European Day of Remembrance for Victims of Stalinism and Nazism by EU. But still, I know even in Europe, Western Europe particularly and for obvious reasons, people remember the struggle solely as a fight against Nazism, while in Eastern Europe the era is much more complicated than that.

Forgotten Battles has been a fun (this is a gaming forum after all) side project for Mike and I, and I am thrilled pink seeing more scenarios coming out, not picturing D-Day or Stalingrad or another well known event, but the less known struggles during that dark period of not so remote history.

Anyhow, I repeat my invitation for the good folks of the CS community to join in!

I also invite more folks designing new scenarios using these new units and formations now available in FB2.0. It is our intention to include a lot of that content into MCS 2.1 UPDATE in future, so that work has a chance to enter the limelight in 2016, and not to be part of a mod as such.

Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Today, 75 years ago, Soviet Union invaded Poland - by Crossroads - 09-20-2014, 05:12 PM