• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released
08-20-2014, 02:42 AM,
RE: JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released
(08-20-2014, 01:57 AM)ismael68d Wrote: Hi everyone,
I've been reading in this forum for a long time, but I thought the release of East Prussia 14 might be a good time to register.
I was very delighted to finally see another FWWC Campaign (since i do not really care for computer games, France 14 is basically the only game I ever play - it's one of the very few games which actually does justice to a military conflict in terms of realism and historic accuracy) and the new Grand Campaign feature especially got me excited.
So I downloaded the new France 14 patch immediately, when I realized with horrors that this patch is only compatible with the JTS-Release of the game.
Unfortunately, I got my copy of France 14 from the HPS store, not knowing that there would be any difference. So does that mean that there is no way for HPS-customers to enjoy the new features?
Do I have to buy the JTS-Version to install the 1.04 update and pay the full price again?
Since I am a student, I cannot easily afford to pay 50 USD twice for the same game, just to make use of new features.
I understand that John Tiller ended his partnership with HPS, which might be the reason for that - but I think it's a bit unfair to exclude those who bought the same game for the same price just because they bought from a different publisher.
I would very much appreciate if their would be a solution for this problem (maybe an HPS-Update for a small fee?).
Maybe I just misunderstood the whole issue, so I am grateful if anyone could tell me what the situation is and correct me.

Best Regards,
Daniel

Good question. I'm wondering the same thing myself. A lot of people eagerly anticipate just about anything new from JT, and buy as soon as possible (I bought East Prussia '14 last night, and really like it). What this could mean is like me, there are probably a lot of first (HPS) release France '14 owners out there who would like to be able to upgrade to the new standard. I don't believe JT would force us to spend money for something that's already been paid for once - it just doesn't seem like him at all. In fact, the policy so far has been to support the HPS versions of his games too. I'm thinking that in a short time, we'll be seeing a patch to update F '14 (HPS) to the new standard.

Maybe someone else out there might have better information.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released - by 2-81 Armor - 08-20-2014, 02:42 AM
RE: JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released - by -72- - 08-24-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: JTS France '14 Update 1.04 Released - by -72- - 02-17-2015, 06:56 PM