• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade
08-13-2014, 10:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2014, 10:40 PM by Steiner14.)
RE: CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade
(08-13-2014, 11:02 AM)ARCH Wrote: I have high hopes for CM, but honestly I had to dig a deep hole to find this series.
I think that's a very important aspect. Their marketing just sucks.

When I was not banned yet from their forums, I suggested Steve to contact a person, who was already multi-millionaire at 30, a genius in internet marketing. A nice guy and I think they would have got a meeting without a problem. Reaction: the suggestion was not even ignored. Big Grin2

Until this day they don't understand, that it doesn't take a big budget to have effective marketing on the net. And this is even more true for niche products.

And although their amount of products grows steadily, until this day they do not have a visual presentation, so that any new customer immediately sees how games, versions, modules and upgrades are interconnected and which one could interest him the most.

And as third argument this not-present marketing is also present when they release upgrades:
Instead to always showcase the improvements with included new or updated scenarios, they offer: ZERO. Nothing. Nada.
But how long would it take for their experienced scenario designers to update a scenario? For example to make use of triggers? Instead to showcase the new features immediately, they release them hidden. So only already customers who OWN a game with this version know, what they can expect. New upgraders, for example players who have not bought RT, have no idea, what to play first, to see the most new features in action.

Imagine the difference: releasing one or two new scenarios with the current 3.0 upgrade for FI: the player immediately is playing with AA-units shooting at planes, is walking units through fords and recognizes the water animation, has ammo depots at his deposal while he experiences how the AI is capable to deliver nasty surprises, that never happened before and he suddenly sees units or houses, he has never seen before, because of the use of mod-tags.

Btw: The showcase would also have a positive effect on scenario designers, because there immediately would be an example showing the potential of all the new things.

Their way: customer buys the upgrade but has no clue how and when he will ever see them in effect.
Quite some difference in the experience for the customer.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade - by ARCH - 08-03-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade - by ARCH - 08-13-2014, 03:55 AM
RE: CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade - by ARCH - 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade - by Steiner14 - 08-13-2014, 10:29 PM
RE: CMBN and CMFI receiving 3.0 Upgrade - by H1nd - 08-14-2014, 12:11 AM