• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HQ tank units - How do you use them?
05-01-2014, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014, 03:32 PM by Dog Soldier.)
RE: HQ tank units - How do you use them?
Some very good points made so far in this thread.

I was thinking along the lines of an adjustment to German quality for the armor HQ units with a small range and LOS to the fighting. The small range and LOS requirement would be to prevent the HQ units from being 'hidden' in some corner of the map. They would have to be in contact with the enemy as is their company. If the HQ unit is lost or moves where it cannot see the fight then the German advantage of coordination by radio is lost resulting in the morale of the company units drooping from 'A' to 'B'.

Russian units do not follow this as the Russians were not fully equipped with radios. They followed a set plan given to them before the engagement. This resulted in the less flexible Russian tactical doctrine. Being 'C' quality for Guards and 'D' for regular troops is tough enough for the Soviets.

I am still noodling this idea. One gamey result could be undue firepower being directed at the HQ unit. Maybe the label can be coded so only the side the unit belongs to can see it on the counter. Kind of an addition to the FOW to not know which 'X' size unit is the enemy's HQ tank unit. Not perfect as players might be able to deduce which unit is the HQ after a few turns of contact. But better than the big stamp they currently have for the opposition to single them out.

Just an idea.

I know there are more active players out there to be heard from. Hope they see this thread and come forward with their game experiences.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HQ tank units - How do you use them? - by Dog Soldier - 05-01-2014, 03:31 PM