• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

fixing the blitzkrieg problem w/ HPS Nap & ACW
04-29-2014, 08:19 PM,
RE: fixing the blitzkrieg problem w/ HPS Nap & ACW
This was one of my obsesions some years ago... i find a serie of improvements in the engine that can fix it.

1-units win fatigue when use action points, this could be an alternate rule.

2-units need a certain % of action points to assault, no more free assaults, you know, arrive with 0 action points near enemy unit and you can assault it... maybe to enter in enemy´s ZOC you need certain number of action points to break it, think you need 50% of action points to enter in enemy´s zoc and assault.

3-from REN we can use block formation as the assault column and the actual column be only to move units... like in EAW, cant fight, very weak to melee... when reinforcements arrive in column you need change their formation to fight... line or assault column.

These could reduce a lot blitzkrieg...

Well, i need add another feature, i dont know if it has impact in blitzkrieg problem... skirmishers... i think they need autoretreat, in Field of Glory you can select postures for this units, they can stand allways, they can stand VS other skirmisher units or they can try break contact allways...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: fixing the blitzkrieg problem w/ HPS Nap & ACW - by Xaver - 04-29-2014, 08:19 PM