• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HQ tank units - How do you use them?
04-29-2014, 07:20 PM,
RE: HQ tank units - How do you use them?
I dont like them, the best use is have them out of action because die to fast and well they are unable to offer something.

For me problem is in how works AT combat and well i dont find the point in have a HQ unit with 1 tank that doesnt offer a bonus to the units it command.

If they improve AT combat model and can add some bonus to this company HQ units... i think for example in one feature from EAW series... there is a defensive bonus that units receive when are behind a wall (you see a + un the unit quality) well, why not do the same here??? i refer an armored HQ have a "tactical command range" you control in the PDT, units inside this command area receive a bonus in firepower (or if they change AT combat in the chance to destroy a tank), defense and assault... the idea is if the command unit is near it can coordinate units and improve more their performance, range needs be short, maybe 2 hexes for soviets and 3-4 in german tanks... this made you join more your tanks as soviet and split them more as german.

But first is improve the AT combat model.

I am curious about the next PzB title... i dont expect another east title... if we talk about a west title in certain battle in 1944 armor has lower impact and infantry VS infantry is more important... but a title with more armor value... like in north Africa... well all depends in the changes in AT combat model, as is now engine i think is better for infantry VS infantry actions with limited armor presence and more as support for infantry.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HQ tank units - How do you use them? - by Xaver - 04-29-2014, 07:20 PM