• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario Design
03-25-2014, 12:23 PM,
RE: Scenario Design
I tend to follow Mike's plan. I get ideas for what I think would make a good scenario while reading. I like to try and stretch the engine a bit and see what I can create with the tools I have. Hence there are things like Cargo guns and Obstacle vehicles. I think most people work in pretty much the same order, idea, research, map, OOB, scenario. You could switch the OOB and map around, but there are sometimes constraints placed on the scenario by what maps are available and you may have wasted a lot of time as the scenario you thought was going to be a company is now going to be a platoon because only a small portion of the map will work.

I tend to favor playability over history. If I think a change from the historical will make a better scenario, I'll do it. The vast majority of people will never know anyway. This is one of the reasons that I like making hypothetical scenarios. Then you don't have to worry about historical details as you can make it up as you go. And there is a lack of good historical information on many things and as Joao pointed out, when there is, they often don't match.

If anyone is interested in giving scenario design a try, I am more than willing to help. Like many things in life, once you do it a time or two, it becomes pretty easy.

Jeff
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Scenario Design - by TheBigRedOne - 03-23-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Scenario Design - by Stejones82 - 03-23-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: Scenario Design - by TheBigRedOne - 03-24-2014, 09:19 AM
RE: Scenario Design - by Jeff Conner - 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM
RE: Scenario Design - by Stejones82 - 03-24-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Scenario Design - by Jeff Conner - 03-25-2014, 12:23 PM