• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SCWW2 Pacific Theater - Observations & Musings
03-13-2014, 10:41 PM,
RE: SCWW2 Pacific Theater - Observations & Musings
(03-13-2014, 08:43 AM)burroughs Wrote: Anybody playing this yet? Considering buying, an avid student of the WWII Pacific theatre struggle interested in PBEMing that possibly. How's the realism and historic accuracy here? How does that look when compared to Wastelands Interactive's "Storm Over the Pacific" - and why is it not included here? Any special reasons?

Howdy: Smoke7

There are (at least) 3 players on the NWL who own this title and are playing it. Myself (Kool Kat), Ashcloud, and Antoni Chmielowski.

More review information on SCWW2: Pacific Theater can be found here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=64590

SCWW2: Pacific Theater is an enjoyable and fast moving operational treatment of the Pacific Theater. It is not as complex as WITP and turns can be completed in 20 minutes or less. It has both scenarios and a campaign game. Operation Ichi-Go is a good scenario of the Japanese conflict in China... but the the campaign game (Operation Z), that covers the entire Pacific War, is where the real strengths of this game design are highlighted. I play the campaign game nearly exclusively.

I can't comment on "Storm over the Pacific." Never played it.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCWW2 Pacific Theater - Observations & Musings - by Kool Kat - 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM