• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Who has Fired/Who has Not/Concealment Question
03-04-2014, 12:00 PM,
RE: Who has Fired/Who has Not/Concealment Question
(03-04-2014, 08:47 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: In the SB series, one of the ways to identify if a unit is still considered concealed and has not fired is to look at the weapons of that unit. If they are still showing 100% effectiveness, then you know that they have not been fired and if you can remember that they did not move, then they are still considered concealed.

I know that PzC series did not use this weapon effectiveness rating and the new PzB does not either.

So my question is directed towards for any of the PzB Kursk team or anyone else who may know.

If you are playing a scenario with many units, is there a way to help you identify which units who you "think" are still in hiding and who have not fired on the enemy, from the units on your side who have already fired on the enemy? If not, how did you guys keep track of this during your play-testing to be successful in carrying out ambushes and/or allowing the enemy to walk into a trap?

Thanks

To be honest a lot of the 'enhancement' to persistent concealment & opportunity fire happened in the last eight weeks before release. This came about as we realised how powerful (and important to gameplay) these features could be. With that in mind, players aids such as 'who shot' were not considered or included.

Currently, it is very cat and mouse. Has he seen me, do I hold fire, will my ambush work? The current situation certainly doesn't reduce that fog of war. That said its probably reasonable to know who shot/used movement points in the last turn. I'll put that on the list of potential enhancements for the system.

David
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who has Fired/Who has Not/Concealment Question - by Strela - 03-04-2014, 12:00 PM