• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Steel Panthers: WaW / MBT vs JTCS
02-01-2014, 06:50 AM,
RE: Steel Panthers: WaW / MBT vs JTCS
(02-01-2014, 04:56 AM)Richie61 Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 04:28 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: Based on the feedback I have received so far, it looks like SPWW2 and SPMBT is the way to go.

Thanks

I hear you. I bought both years ago, but never really had the time.
Now I am just trying to understand the controls & commands. SB is like
breathing to me and SPWW2 is like a women Jester Very confusing...

Dan loves SP and has been working me over to get into it. I wonder if Dennis
is paying Dan off? LOL

LOl, no, I have received no funds.

Ok, I have nothing against the Tiller\HPS games. My favorite of those being SBs. But, with out Eagles Strike being updated to at least having the new editor that allows X modded weapons, and Advance of the Reich suppose to have had the new editor in the last patch, but was "left out" even after it's mentioned in the change log, I started looking for something better to play.
I really like the SP way of spotting and checking LOS. So much, the Tiller\HPS way of doing it via the mouse without having a unit in place, is almost arcadish.
Another great feature with the paid SP game is the unit ID feature. You click on your platoon HQ and it highlights the rest of that platoons squads. So much easier to stay organized.
Plus you add full map editors and battle generators and I'm really glad I upgraded to the paid versions.
Modding might be a bit more difficult, but it's just because I have been working "fixing" Tiller\HPS graphics since 2002 and it's just what I'm used to. But, I'm looking forward to modding some of SP, but honestly, it's that good as offered and I can't see much need in making it better or improving it. Cross's mods fixes about everything I would have anyway and his stuff is always top notch. Ed and Gordon knows how many hours I spend a week working on Tiller\HPS graphics, and data mods and frankly, it will be a relief to finally get that monkey off my back.

Yeah, hurray for SPWW2 and SPMBT.
Oh yeah, playing Vietnam at the squad level in MBT, is fantastic!
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steel Panthers: WaW / MBT vs JTCS - by Weasel - 01-30-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: Steel Panthers: WaW / MBT vs JTCS - by keif149 - 02-01-2014, 06:50 AM
RE: Steel Panthers: WaW / MBT vs JTCS - by Gila - 02-01-2014, 10:23 AM
RE: Steel Panthers: WaW / MBT vs JTCS - by Weasel - 02-04-2014, 08:44 AM