• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions about Moscow '42 Campaign Fall Kreml (North)
01-25-2014, 05:32 AM,
RE: Questions about Moscow '42 Campaign Fall Kreml (North)
I'd say that if I can take and hold the two objectives I am near I'd likely consolidate on them rather than running for Moscow. Since I made some poor road choices much of my followup infantry is likely too far back to participate on the attack on Moscow but would be able to protect the objectives I've taken.

So the combination of forces destroyed and objectives taken mean I could prepare for his counterattack in place (maybe one more day of offensive I think). As I understand it from you, David, that's not really the purpose of this scenario.

It has been fun, but all along I've been expecting my spearheads to get a hammering sooner or later. Not sure if we've played unexpectedly or the scenario needs a bit of tweaking.

Thanks again for any feedback.

(01-25-2014, 05:06 AM)miller41 Wrote: All i will say is that the victory conditions are not good, russian player has almost no chance as the mobile forces you get are not movable until after the german player has a major victory and can just stop and defend. There is no reason for him to go any further and the russina forces are so brittle they cannot hop to dislodge the germans or surround them. Troops outside of forts last maybe one or two rounds before they become combat ineffective. The release schedule should not have the moscow defense zone even listed if the troops have no hope of releasing unless the germans trigger them, this would keep unknowing russian players from thinking they might get to move them when they can't. He only needs to clear moscow if he feels like trying, the victory conditions don't force him too at this point. If i had known this I would have fallen back all along the line to try and save my forces, probably wouldn't have worked as the germans are much faster than the russians
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about Moscow '42 Campaign Fall Kreml (North) - by The Bishop - 01-25-2014, 05:32 AM