• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament 4th Round
11-23-2013, 03:51 AM,
RE: The Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament 4th Round
(11-22-2013, 01:47 PM)jonnymacbrown Wrote:
(11-22-2013, 01:35 PM)Sgt Jasper Wrote: Well, I've enjoyed it, Jonny, even when I didn't win. If by bunker, you were referring to the Redoubt in crossing at Dinant, I didn't even try to take it as there were no points there. Kind of curious as to how it played out for you.

I was prepared to be compelled to take it; having played so many games of WW1, I knew how tough that bunker can be. My opponent left only an MG section in there which I managed to take after a couple of cracks at it. With that, Dinant fell easily for a German major victory. Had he left the full battalion in there as well, I would have needed more luck to take it. The tournament was fun for me too but I just felt that the Belgian sortie scenario and the silver helmets scenario are too one sided; and I was lucky to have the superior forces in each for major victories. jonnyWhistle

I just went around it. Gave the French some free shots, some of which hurt, but the one infantry battalion and MG section couldn't do all that much damage.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Guns Of August France 1914 Tournament 4th Round - by Sgt Jasper - 11-23-2013, 03:51 AM