• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please?
11-22-2013, 10:45 AM,
RE: On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please?
If it could be done...I think it would be awesome...excellent idea Erik.

As for the current "off map" airstrikes and their system...not saying I'm defending them or anything but...

The chaotic randomness of it has always been (wonderfully) frustrating...it does force you to try and pick well isolated quality targets...and still costs you angst when all your well laid plans come to naught and your P-51's take out those unloaded horse wagons next to those Panthers...

Still...airstrikes did often come in and hit the wrong targets...and in many cases even caused friendly fire casualties. They were chaotic as Hell during the war as well.

In the end airstrikes rarely turn a scenario.

They do have effect on play however, and the good players are forced to husband AA units to counter them. I kind of like that aspect of it, since it's more realistic (historically accurate) then many of our tendencies to roll up AA trucks and halftracks and use them for mobile infantry elimination units.

Not saying I don't enjoy rolling up a Quad 50 halftrack and blasting dawags' infantry straight to Hell...I enjoy it immensely...just saying it may not be all that realistic.

I usually end up feeling bad about it.
Later though...much later...like after I post the game results...(:O)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please? - by Dan Caviness - 11-22-2013, 10:45 AM