• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please?
11-21-2013, 10:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013, 10:43 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please?
(11-18-2013, 07:46 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: How are you doing Erik?

Still killing everything in sight?

Nice to hear from you.

Not sure what they plan to do with them (both on and off map) in the long run but you're right, the off board attacks are very chaotic and random as well.

My addiction to late war scenarios often results in my trying to model fights that include lots of air support...so I'd like to get it right.

I'm counting your vote as a "no" for ON MAP aircraft.

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan,

All is well here.

Hope the same for you.

Yes my vote would be no for onboard aircraft.

Thanx!

Erik

(11-18-2013, 11:22 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: I quite like that there is a disconnect between calling a normal air strike and it happening and also the player has no effect on it once it is called either in time or location. Soap Box

I don't disagree with you in principal, but airstrikes are so ineffective due to the nature of IGO / YOGO. As constituted right now there is no good way to simulate air superiority. It does not matter how many airstrikes the designer gives a side if the opponent keeps his quality units out of LOS. This happens a late with late war WF scenarios. The Allies have massive air superiority, but as long as the German payer keeps the Tigers and Panthers out of LOS the airstrikes are rendered useless.

I also would like to see the ability of plotting an airstrike as opp fire so that when those Tigers and Panthers do appear there would be a chance of an airstrike on them.

I am not advocating total control of airstrikes, just better control.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Map, Off Map, what is the consensus please? - by Hawk Kriegsman - 11-21-2013, 10:35 PM