• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

*** Scenario of the Month: November 2013 - Pairings
11-14-2013, 11:12 PM,
RE: Scenario of the Month: November - Pairings
(11-14-2013, 11:34 AM)DB_Zero Wrote: No worries. It happens. Be nice if BF would figure out a way so every time they release something new all past products would be compatible, but there are probably technical reason for the inconvenience.

There is a currently pretty workable solution: have more than one version of the game installed.

With turn managers like H2HH that can launch the game it does not matter much that you have multiple versions installed. I currently have three versions of CMBN and one of CMFI installed on my gaming machine and I have at least one game going in each of them.

The only issue that I have run into with this setup is that the DRM for the Market Garden module gets confused every time you run an older version. The work around is to activate it before playing turns with the 2.1 version (this does not chew up your activation count at BFC just fixes up the DRM settings). I have been doing this since the 1.01 patch came out and had no troubles other than the above mentioned issue with the MG module's DRM.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scenario of the Month: November - Pairings - by A Canadian Cat - 11-14-2013, 11:12 PM