• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base
10-26-2013, 08:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 08:42 PM by Big Ivan.)
RE: CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base
Posted by Warhorse - Yesterday 03:55 PM
So you're saying these crash when you open in the sceneditor?

Yes Mike, that is correct. I think it has something to do with the last update (unit names to English) but not really sure.

Posted by John Given - Yesterday 10:17 PM
John, in an e-mail exchange i had with Stefan a few months ago, he said that he had updated the entire game, and had updated most (if not all) of the scenarios for CW to make sure they would all play. And yes, you are correct that his oob changes are one reason why.

I can't say with certainty that his corrected scenarios are all a-ok now, but I'm curious; did you check to make sure you are playing the most recent version of Cold War? That could be the problem.

It's a bit hard for me to be certain from chatting with Stefan, but it looks like most if not all modern combat units have been added to the cold war oob's. Stefan says that he is working on adding some more nations (with their own oobs of course), but none of that will affect existing scenarios. New graphics also don't affect scenarios, but I'm not sure about new terrain templates.

I wish I could remember just sitting here whether Stefan said he had corrected all scenarios (in his most recent update). He'll probably log on soon and clear it up.

Hope this sheds a little bit of light on things.

John,

I believe I have the most recent install and updates. To digress I have the original install, the update to convert the menu language to English and finally the update to convert the names on the combat units (Belgian mostly) to English. Don't know of any other updates but perhaps I may be missing one, not sure.

John(ItB)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base - by Big Ivan - 09-23-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base - by Big Ivan - 10-26-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base - by Panther - 10-27-2013, 03:38 AM
RE: CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base - by Panther - 10-30-2013, 08:48 AM
RE: CW Europe Mod-Scenario Data Base - by Panther - 11-09-2013, 05:47 AM