• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting.
10-10-2013, 02:16 PM,
RE: Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting.
(10-10-2013, 01:02 PM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: Thanks Foul. I have a third and hopefully final list of questions.

1. Does ZOC extent hex bordering terrain? Like rivers, streams and embankments and stuff.
Yes, ZOC is not blocked by hexside terrain such as rivers, so it will block across them.

Quote:2. Does ZOC "go through" enemy formations when calculating isolation? So take for example an enemy unit is surrounded from all sides expect for one side which has a enemy unit. I had a situation where I seemed to isolate a formation despite there being some troops adjacent to the force isolated. I didn't form a bubble around both units, I simply moved to surround the one unit with ZOC.
An enemy unit will keep open a supply line. If you managed to get isolation in the situation you describe there must have been another reason it was blocked. for example, terrain such as an unbridged river will block supply and lead to isolation.

Quote:3. Is isolation an immediate process or do I have to wait a turn for it to show up?
Isolation will not show up until the next turn - that status is determined at the start of a friendly turn only. This could also explain the isolation you saw in #2 - if the enemy unit moved to open a supply route during the enemy turn, the isolated unit will still show as isolated in your turn.
Quote:4. Likewise, can I somehow manually refresh the spotting of enemy formations? If I can move one troop to a high ground position and have LOS over a chunk of the battle, is there any way I can save the remaining movement points rather than let them go to waste and end the turn?

Quote:5. In the manual it states that disruption is calculated by a random dice roll compared to the morale of the defending unit. If this is the case, wouldn't it be better to just select units individual and fire them one by one if I wanted to cause disruption?
If I understand your question, firing a single unit at a time will allow you to target undisrupted units with each shot - whereas firing a stack all at once will be all at one unit and thus might disrupt the target with the first shot, and so the others will be at a disrupted unit. There is no way to tell which shot caused the disruption (each is calculated separately by the engine) in norm play, but you can basically figure that any one shot could cause disruption but by firing the stack all units fired anyway, and thus possibly wasted shots.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting. - by Ricky B - 10-10-2013, 02:16 PM