• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting.
10-10-2013, 05:57 AM,
RE: Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: Thanks for the help Rick! Alright time for a second set of questions.

1. What determines reaction fire shots? Do the different states, disrupted/low on ammo, effect reaction fire?
They are determined at random, low ammo deduces the effect of the fire and i believe disruption does as well.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 2. The isolated condition occurs when a formation has a supply income of zero, that is either that they cannot trace a line of supply back to a depot or that the tile they are in has a supply value of zero correct?
Isolation occurs when you cannot trace a line of hex's free of enemy units or ZOC to a supply source which might be at the map edge or actually located on the map.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 3. A force's ZOC eliminates "cuts off" enemy supply correct? So I don't have to make a line of troops to surround the enemy, I can space them out enough.
Yes
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 4. I see that I cannot fire with infantry into pillbox's and bunker defenses, but I can assault them. I presume that these locations use the hard attack value for fire, correct?
Yes, hard targets can only be fired on by units with a hard attack value and a range of at least one hex.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 5. I see that some tank formations are able to shoot from more than one hex away. How big is the drop in effectiveness?
I believe there is a drop in effectiveness, but i cannot recall what the reduction is.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 6. Is there any penalty for combining or breaking down units?
A smaller units fire effect will be reduced due to there simply being less vehicles or men firing and smaller units suffer greater fatigue, this is explained in the fatigue section.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 7. Besides a reduction in fire & LOS, what else does elevation do?
It costs more movement points if you move to a higher elevation.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 8. What are some good introductory scenarios in Sicily 43?
Started: A Route to Ribera or "A Bridge Too Far" is just fine for learning the game system, i believe this scenario comes with a set of notes specifically to talk you through the basics.
(10-09-2013, 03:56 AM)Pewpewchewchew Wrote: 9. Which campaign variant is best for starting players?
I my opinion none, the quickest way to frustration with these games is trying to play the monster scenarios before you fully understand the rules and game system, a much better approach is to play smaller scenarios and slowly build up to the larger ones as your experience grows.

Good luck....Wink
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some beginner questions on attacking and assualting. - by Mr Grumpy - 10-10-2013, 05:57 AM