• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG)
08-23-2013, 11:48 PM,
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG)
(08-23-2013, 12:50 PM)Liquid_Sky Wrote: By the way, if you want to help the allies, you should increase the stacking limit, not lower it. The attacker always has the luxury of bringing superior numbers to bear at a critical point. The defender has to remain more spread out. To give two exaggerated ends of the scale, if the stacking limit was one battalion, the defence would be easy. If the stacking limit was unlimited, the Attacker could either bypass the defenders strong points, or put an entire division in a hex to assault/bulldoze forward.

Right, I am aware of that, but my concern was that going by your tactic then increasing the stacking limit would only mean the ability to logjam say, 200 to 300 Panthers in one hex. If, despite that possibility, anyone thinks the stacking limit should be raised (in the next version) then I am all ears. Just something to keep in mind.

As for the small garrison units, I added those but those are mainly in the areas where either there are airborne units or the opportunity for a quick breakout in the old game. I won't be removing those, because I think they are vital to trip up the allies and prevent the opportunity to mad dash out of the gate (they are only intended as temporary speed bumps -- just something along the path that they run into and eliminate). I am actually on the 2nd day of the campaign myself and I haven't had any problems with road movement/night disruption, just don't move in stacks or combined battalions in those areas and you will be OK.

Speaking of which, in my game I am playing with Delayed Disruption on, which I thought would make it harder to get off the beaches, but I really like that rule here because it goes both ways (obviously). I didn't have trouble getting off the beaches (except Omaha of course, but I was 90% off if it by the end of the first day). Using that rule helps prevent the Germans from making rapid counter attacks, which is good, but also helps slow down the allies a bit too.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by FM WarB - 08-05-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by dragonslayer2001 - 08-06-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by jonnymacbrown - 08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-08-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG) - by Volcano Man - 08-23-2013, 11:48 PM