• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG)
08-23-2013, 12:50 PM,
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG)
Okay...now that I have done the first day as the Germans I have some interesting views on some of the changes.

By the way, if you want to help the allies, you should increase the stacking limit, not lower it. The attacker always has the luxury of bringing superior numbers to bear at a critical point. The defender has to remain more spread out. To give two exaggerated ends of the scale, if the stacking limit was one battalion, the defence would be easy. If the stacking limit was unlimited, the Attacker could either bypass the defenders strong points, or put an entire division in a hex to assault/bulldoze forward.

I have some afv's up on the front line, but I haven't engaged the allied tanks yet. On the night turn, I am annoyed by the little garrison ants that litter the roadways, as they can cause night time disruption. I plan to 'remove' them by flipping them in and out of travel mode until the allied airforce gets rid of them for me.

In fact, I wonder why they even bothered putting them in the game...surely a 40 man unit is too small to control a 1km hex, and project enough power to prevent enemy movement

Anyways, I seemed to have suffered more disruption due to moving at night then I do from allied interdiction during the day :)

As for refit...in any of the games, whenever you are regaining fatigue, you are probably also gaining replacements. But all it takes to prevent it is to be shot at. Or to be forced to move. So in order to 'quickly refit' you need to be parked behind the (static) front line, and sit for a couple of days. If you find yourself in that situation, then perhaps your enemy should be punished by allowing your units to refit.

As an attacker, I rarely give my opponent this sort of opportunity. Especially as a Russian attacker, who is always in the face of the German..either forcing him to move back, or suffer brutal assaults.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by FM WarB - 08-05-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by dragonslayer2001 - 08-06-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by jonnymacbrown - 08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-08-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG) - by Liquid_Sky - 08-23-2013, 12:50 PM