• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG)
08-13-2013, 09:13 PM,
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt (again, 7 AUG)
Volcano Man: do your mods account for differences in rate of fire of various equipment types?

I'm new to this particular series and only own Moscow '42, but I do own various Overlord games. One of the main things operational/strategic wargames often don't tend to get right is that the "raw" value of equipment depends purely on the best theoretical performance adjusted by unit quality of some sort.

In the PzC series, the same seems to apply. You already mentioned the effect of quality on breakdowns, and I guess you're also changing the unit quality of German units to lower the casualties they can cause, but do the HA/SA remain unchanged?

Also, a comment purely based on what the Normandy map looks like: won't the German units coming in from the south/southeast more or less automatically receive losses through interdiction, thus requiring their starting strength to be lowered to a lesser extent than the units arriving closer to the edge of the map, such as the units coming in from the Calais area, as the units that have to drive further are more likely to receive losses through interdiction?

Several divisions trained specifically for night marches to the battlefield to avoid interdiction. From memory, 12th SS took more losses than Panzer Lehr or 2nd Panzer because it received its order to move "too late" and moved out in daytime, resulting in higher losses, whilst the other two divisions moved primarily at night and only started to take serious interdiction losses near the frontline.

I am not aware of German mobile units suffering from serious interdiction losses before arriving in the greater Normandy area, but my memory could be failing me.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by FM WarB - 08-05-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by dragonslayer2001 - 08-06-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by jonnymacbrown - 08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-08-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt (again, 7 AUG) - by ComradeP - 08-13-2013, 09:13 PM