• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Updated Normandy'44_Alt (third time, 13 AUG)
08-07-2013, 06:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013, 06:51 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt
Well the idea was that supply is (and was) very tight in the early landings. I cannot speak for the other amphibious type PzC campaigns as I haven't edited the Alt extensively enough in those, mainly because I thought N44 suffered the most in the stock game by the initially high supply levels on landing (it made it way too easy for them IMO). So, yes, supply should be low early on, then rise afterwards. This also helps keep them from making any early breakout, because the campaign should be all about just establishing a linked bridgehead first, then pushing outward, but with high supply in the stock campaign it was easy to just go-for-broke and try to break through somewhere early on. In other words, I want it to be historical in that the Allied situation should be a combination of pushing forward, linking, solidifying and defending until consolidation and more reinforcements, then transition to the offense.

Now that said, the stock game starts with the beaches at 25% supply, so it isn't much difference. So, I didn't make any extensive changes there. What I changed was the variations, which I think actually are better towards the Allies here. I can certainly delay the 2% chance of -5% supply drop to say, the 20th (when the storms started) though. This would give them no chance of a supply drop until that point, which probably makes sense, especially how fragile the situation is. But you said yourself the problem isn't with the initial landings, it was later on. The odds of a daily check @ 2% happening in consecutive days is well, almost a miracle. Still though, I think I will completely remove the -5% supply drop actually, it seems to be too much of a wild card, and the Allies don't really need to be punished any more than they are.

Still, I am up for changes and improvements. I have already put together a small patch/update because I noticed a typo on one hard attack value of one of those pesky German mixed AT gun units (only 4 of these in the OOB), so it isn't a huge mistake, but I fixed that for a "patch". So, for this patch I am thinking of changing:

***Correct the HA type on the 4 mixed German AT gun units (mentioned above)

***Increase Allied air interdiction from 35% to 40% or 45% (I am still experimenting with that). I just think the 35% is a little too low and I want it a little more likely to happen in order to better hinder German strategic movement (at least to make them not so careless). It isn't like this air interdiction is devastating anymore anyway, except for those small number of vehicle half-track units everywhere, so making it more frequent is a good thing I think.

***Remove the persistent -5% supply variation, as this is probably too much of a penalty for them to constantly be at risk to (they already have low enough supply levels)

Anyone with N44_Alt campaign experience have any other suggestions before I put it all together? :)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by FM WarB - 08-05-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by dragonslayer2001 - 08-06-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 12:59 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Liquid_Sky - 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by jonnymacbrown - 08-07-2013, 10:50 AM
RE: Updated Normandy'44_Alt - by Volcano Man - 08-08-2013, 03:30 AM