• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Scenarios for JTCS
08-04-2013, 09:59 PM,
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS
(08-03-2013, 07:06 PM)Bally Wrote: 250 meter hexes I agree! (if it were only for weapon ranges). Platoons: of course!

But:
6 minute turns depends on the length of a scenario. For short scenario's, lets say 30 - 40 turns (that is 3 to 4 hours), 6-minute turns are defendable. For longer scenario's, it is far from reality to expect platoons running around 'on the double' or even with speed mars for hours and hours and hours and....(etc.). Also in night turns, that happen to occur in longer scenario's (we are dealing with JT CAMPAIGN Series aren't we?), you can't expect platoons to run around continuously with a speed of about 8 km/h (alternating 'normal' and 'increased speed turns' of 3 and 4 hexes respectively in 'clear' terrain under 'normal' weather conditions (non-wet, non-mud, non snow).

By the way, Ed, let us agree to disagree. As long as I see that there might be anyone interested in why and how I deviate from the pre-set rules of the game-system, I will do that and are open to any critic and suggestions as long as it is not 'because they are not conform the book'.

Bally

As I have always said and will continue to defend. Everything about the game is set upon it's scale.
Design what you wish. Makes not matter to me. I can play a scenario and see the scale of the game within it. If I cannot I will never play it again and suggest that it is out of scale.
I did not design or develop the game. I am sure that the original designers/developers wanted some things left abstract.
If you do not like the way units move at night then do not design or play night scenarios? Just don't use that as an excuse for designing out of scale ones. Farmer

Bubbles2

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Scenarios for JTCS - by GreyWulf - 05-18-2013, 03:33 AM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by Ashcloud - 05-18-2013, 06:37 AM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by GreyWulf - 05-18-2013, 09:45 AM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by Bally - 05-26-2013, 05:19 PM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by panzer900 - 06-29-2017, 12:45 AM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by Bally - 05-26-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by CaptainHuge - 08-01-2013, 11:31 PM
RE: New Scenarios for JTCS - by Bally - 08-03-2013, 07:06 PM