• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
05-28-2013, 12:27 AM,
RE: Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
Turn #4
Well after watching the replay of Phil's last turn I see his reinforcement beginning to move forward into the Turkish trenches.

In the South with the 3rd New South Wales bn.
Bco. 2nd plt at (20,5)rallies pinned units fires at Turk unit at 30pt.obj.hex (21,6) causing no casualties. The rest of Bco. stuck at the tunnel exit hex due to always being pinned down by Phil's accurate fire rallies this time fires at Turk unit at 20pt obj.(17,8)pinning both units I then launch an assault taking the objective.
Cco. 3rd plt.moves forward into the trenches from (18,6)to (19,6)and also form (18,5)to (19,5) 4th plt.at (18,5) tries to and fails to rally pinned unit then moves one section forward from (18,5) to (19,5) 1st and 2nd plts. can finally move forward from the tunnel exit hex(17,6)into the Turkish trench at (18,6) they then fire at Turk unit at 20pt.obj.at hex (18,7) causing (1) casualty.
Aco. 2nd and 4th plts. move forward from entry tunnel hex(15,7) to tunnel exit hex(17,7) they fire at Turk unit at hex(18,7)pinning the unit hopefully leaving the vulnerable to assault next turn 1st and 3rd plts move from tunnel entry hex(14,6) to tunnel exit hex at(17,6).
Dco is finally able to move into the tunnel entry hexes (15,7)and (14,6)

In the north with the 4th New South Wales bn.
Dco.2nd plt fires from trenches at Turk unit at 20pt.obj.(16,3) causing (2) casualties 3rd plt.fires from trenches at same Turkish unit that 2nd plt did and caused (2) casualties 1st plt fires at same unit for no effect 4th plt still in reserve.
Cco. 1st and 2nd plts at tunnel exit hex(17,5) fires at Turk unit at (18,4) result no casualties but pinned the Turk unit.3rd plt. tries to rally both section only successful with one of them they fire at Turkish unit at (16,3)causing no casualties 4th plt at 20pt.obj.(17,4)attempts assualt of pinned Turk unit at (18,4) assault fails leaving the plt pinned in place.
Aco. is now in the tunnel entry hexes(14,4) and (14,5)a cannot move forward until Cco. can clear out of the exit hexes.
Dco awaits their turn to move into the tunnel system.

My Casualties up to this turn:
8 Leaders
236 Men

My casualties are starting to pile up I think the next turn or two will be key to decided the outcome of the battle if i cant get further into Phil's trenches before he can move his reinforcements up he will bottle me up and the scenario will for all intensive purposes will be over.

Attached Files
.jpg   snapshot Turn #4 begin.jpg (Size: 314.41 KB / Downloads: 5)
.jpg   snapshotTurnn#4 end.jpg (Size: 287.77 KB / Downloads: 5)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs - by Landser34 - 05-28-2013, 12:27 AM