• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
05-26-2013, 12:39 AM,
RE: JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
(05-25-2013, 10:20 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: Did you install the patch? To run in Win7, you need the patch installed to the latest version IIRC. Also, you might want to clean up your registry (requires some type of fix-it software). If the registry is corrupted, you will get all kinds of issues.

Yes, I have the game patched up to its latest level (1.04).

(05-25-2013, 01:41 PM)Scud Wrote: Can you launch ANY exe's or is it just happening to JTCS? Did you replace the harddrive or someone else? If you did it, go back in and check all the connections. Make sure the video card and RAM chips weren't loosened. Has your computer been bombing? Blue screens? Have you tried starting your computer and opening the game in safe mode?

I have had no blue screens. Everything else works.

I can launch any and all hexes apart the East Front / West Front / Rising Sun exes. It did not matter whether I tried to launch them from the Main menu, or by double clicking at the individual exes. I even ran them as a Sys Admin to no avail. Black screen.

(05-25-2013, 01:41 PM)Scud Wrote: Hardware could cause this, software, viruses/malware. Really hard to diagnose. If you want to go with Jim's suggestion, you could try ccleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner). It's pretty good, but I'd be surprised if it helps. Worth a shot though. The free version will try to get you to install a toolbar, so just say no to that. After that, run the defaults and make sure you make a restore point, just in case.

I am actually doing that as I type...

(05-25-2013, 01:41 PM)Scud Wrote: I'm leaning toward a problem with your operating system caused either by a corruption or a virus/malware. It sounds like the way it's handling associations is messed up, but I'm just guessing. Again, just the game or other exe's? If just the game, then it's probably not that.

Yep. Just the game, or parts of the game, as EF.exe and WF.exe launch, for an example. As do the editors...

Worse, there is a randomness to it. With the old disk, the game launched again at one point. Then it stopped again.

With the new disk, it would not launch yesterday. I tried several reboots, it did not help.

Works right now as I tried again. Confused

(05-25-2013, 01:41 PM)Scud Wrote: Lastly, if this is just happening with the game, try uninstalling it. Look for any remnants that might have been left behind after the uninstall and delete them. Then run ccleaner removing temp files and cleaning the registry. Run the registry cleaner several times. Reboot and reinstall the game.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

That's what I did. I uninstalled JTCS. I took the old secondary HDD out put the new one in. The secondary drives were D: drives, I have the OS in the C:

I am running the CCclean now. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this... What I'd Miss
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on? - by Crossroads - 05-26-2013, 12:39 AM