• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Observations froma CW-Europe Tester
05-24-2013, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013, 11:35 PM by John Given.)
RE: Observations froma CW-Europe Tester
Quote:I've been playing CS since 1998 and this is the first time that I have seen what you are describing in 15 years.

Hey John, I was myself also puzzled when that glitch affected a game I was in, years ago. I mentioned it on the boards, and Hawk Kriegsman said that it's a known glitch, and had an 'evil twin' - but for the life of me I can't think of what the other glitch was. :anyone?: I think it was some kind of deal where no action points were deducted.

Here's a few more weird and rare glitches (or purposely coded?)

a. If you toggle the 'dig in' command for infantry, it can draw op-fire. Weird.

b. If an engineer lays smoke, it can trigger op-fire.

c. An enemy tank with a passenger is beyond the 'hard' attack range, but within the 'soft' range. Now lets say you shoot at the passenger (an infantry platoon on a tank) with a *large* soft factor. The sheer number of 'soft' factors can destroy the tank platoon. Very weird, and it's only happened to me once.

There are probably other glitches out there that I'm not even aware of. Confused Suspicious

As far as your original point, if the AI regarding medics is not working the way it should, I agree that that is something we need to look at. Sorry if i came across as curt earlier. Smoke7

And Warhorse -

Quote:So maybe they should not be used on a scenario targeted for vs-AI play. AI will use them as Leaders I am sure.

Yes, that's what i was thinking as well. Kind of a shame though. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't really mind the computer using medics this way, since it would likely keep them near the front where they belong.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Observations froma CW-Europe Tester - by Big Ivan - 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Observations froma CW-Europe Tester - by John Given - 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM