• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lone Pine: Under the Top! The Turks
05-21-2013, 07:56 AM,
RE: Lone Pine: Under the Top! The Turks
A few thoughts before viewing the initial damage. First World War is a unique SB title and plays differently than all the other titles.
Defensive fire is deadly and the rate is high. Fire once offensively and then duck because it seems like everybody in the line of site fires at you. Also artillery off-board and on-board is much more common and much more deadly. This leads to adopting new tactics like having your
troops advance and not fire at all. Close the target as fast as you can even upright(until in small arms range)-take advantage of the blind spots to close the enemy. Use artillery/MG to pin your enemy so that you may close and assault. If on attack don't use illuminating fire anyway near your troops-too much defensive fire. The cloak of night is your best cover. I have made it to the ANZAC trenches and taken many objectives but at an enormous cost of life. On defense I fire artillery and support weapons (especially those that are not reduced in effectiveness). Dig in, hunker down and carefully fire during offensive fire. If you fire at a unit with a lot of other enemy forces within range and LOS you are apt to get blasted so be careful. when my opponent closes and can assault, fire to disrupt/pin units to handicap assault.
The Turks 1/47 and 2/47 Battalions have morale of D and weapons for the most part ar not as good as the ANZAC but they do have real grenades where the ANZAC's have home-made ones fashioned by the troops. The front lines are quiet now and the evening meal should be brought up soon. Hopefully the night will pass quietly. [/b]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lone Pine: Under the Top! The Turks - by fastphil - 05-20-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: Lone Pine: Under the Top! The Turks - by fastphil - 05-21-2013, 07:56 AM