• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Observations froma CW-Europe Tester
04-10-2013, 08:11 PM,
Observations froma CW-Europe Tester
CW-Europe Gents,

A couple of observations in testing CW-Europe.

Setting: Customer Scenario of my own vintage-A Tough Fight 1980's decade playing against the A/I.

Mike: First off the English translation of the .exe files is spot on! Makes playing the mod a lot easier to understand. My German is not good. Thank you!

The A/I is doing something interesting with the medical units (Sanitaters) in that it uses them to block retreat routes! Something I had not even considered when we discussed medical units a while back. It also uses them to spot which is not a bad tactic considering my next comment.

Next and this outcome is kind of weird, When you direct fire at a medical unit with a combat unit like a tank platoon your fire cost in action points is at least doubled and in some cases the whole action point allotment is lost!!
Hmmm, not sure if that is a design intention but its somewhat annoying and unrealistic IMO. It kind of forces you not to shoot at them for fear of loosing OP fire action points in your defensive phase of the turn and being spotted. It changes the complexion of the game beyond the negative point value for the kill.

Thanks
Ivan the BigCigar5
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Observations froma CW-Europe Tester - by Big Ivan - 04-10-2013, 08:11 PM