• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Let's Play
03-09-2013, 06:20 PM,
RE: Let's Play
SPOILER
Congrats for keeping the yanks from crossing the ford and inflicting a 3 to 1 kill ratio on them mate, I thought you'd win and I'm surprised it ended in a draw, i've never been able to figger out the maths of the CMx2 scoring system.
In fact i think you came within a whisker of getting a minor victory if you'd killed a few more Americans.
I think the Americans absolutely needed to cross the ford to rack up big points for a win, but because you kept them from crossing they had to kiss goodbye to a victory..
I've never played that scenario and know Jack about it so I'm not really qualified to make any in-depth tactical observations except to say Wolfman's Americans seemed to play it just as i'd have done, namely use their superior numbers and firepower to spend most of the game whittling away the Germans in a battle of attrition, then make my move for the ford late in the game when the Germans were hopefully beat up enough, but in this game there were still enough Jerries alive and kicking to defend the ford.

If I'd been the German player I'd have put everything into positions covering the ford and avoided a battle of attrition by holding my fire (the enemy can't kill you if he can't see you).
Then when the Americans broke cover to move on the ford, i'd start shooting and cut them down in the open, but like I said i've never played the scen so what the hell do i know, ha ha..;)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Let's Play - by Lucky - 01-25-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: Let's Play - by PoorOldSpike - 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM
RE: Let's Play - by Lucky - 01-25-2013, 11:40 PM
RE: Let's Play - by PoorOldSpike - 01-26-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Let's Play - by Lucky - 03-09-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: Let's Play - by PoorOldSpike - 03-09-2013, 06:20 PM