• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Alternative Assault Resolution
03-06-2013, 01:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013, 01:21 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Question on Alternative Assault Resolution
Well, no, I never said that the chipping away power in regards to infantry was higher -- I was referring to tanks and anti-tank guns (which I don't think there is many of either in the Troina scenario). I don't think you could utilize the infantry to shoot and disrupt units in bunkers to any good effect in the stock game, regardless of the values, at least not that I am aware of anyway. Also, what usually differs higher in regards to the infantry in the _Alt over stock game is the assault ratings.

In regards to Kharkov '42_Alt, well, if anyone has suggestions there then I am all ears. The problem is that the _Alt strives for a minimalistic approach so it simply changes the unit values and the stock scenarios are left alone (at least at first). So usually, yes, the scenarios are not always in balance because to compensate for the lack of defender ability to hold ground in the stock game, this usually meant the liberal placement of bunkers in a scenario, amongst other things. It might require something simple to set things right, like changing BUNKER hexes to Bunker, and changing Bunker to TRENCH. Like I said, I am open to suggestions. ;)

However, specifically in the case of Troina_Alt, I will lower the BUNKER to a Bunker, no problem. I do believe this is a case of the Germans being spread thin in this scenario, and they historically gave a good fight over Troina so the town needed to be a BUNKER in the stock game to allow that. In the case of the _Alt, they can put up enough of a fight now so it can be reduced. This makes sense too, because if you look at the stock game the fortification in Troina is already a Bunker. ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question on Alternative Assault Resolution - by Volcano Man - 03-06-2013, 01:01 AM