• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New unit type: Medical Organizations within EF:FB ** AVAILABLE NOW FROM DOWNLOAD THREAD **
02-21-2013, 06:53 PM,
RE: Medical Organizations within EF:FB
(02-21-2013, 06:49 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: Your DG and DGVN scenarios sound like good fun. Too bad I don't have the DG disks to try them out. Then again, I am pretty sure civilians exist in some of the JTCS country rosters too, I just haven't seen any scenarios where they are used.

As for my current thinking of neutral values, I was thinking from pragmatic POV.

First, these units (apart from ambulances which are just plain transports) are powerful Commander type units. If a player chooses to place them on a hex where he fires from, they enhance the fire results. In that case it would be considered they are not using their protection status under Geneve convention, and they would be fair game.

Second, it would be quite common I assume a dressing station or a field hospital would be run over by fast advancing enemy forces. In this case if I would be the one advancing I would prefer to capture the location and have the unit as POWs. An assault, capturing the units, would simulate that. I would not like to be penalised for such action. This would apply for any surrounded medics as well, it should be OK to capture them without a penalty. Especially as they would be units with a spotting capability (I assume, as they are unit type=commander)

I am anything but stubborn about this though, I would just like to test them first on a scenario...

Get the disks here:

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo....aco19.html

worth it for the Nam experience alone.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Medical Organizations within EF:FB - by Ashcloud - 02-21-2013, 06:53 PM