• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
02-02-2013, 11:36 PM,
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types
(02-02-2013, 07:34 AM)John Given Wrote: Let's not read too much into this - medical class units are just units that assist with morale and therefore disruption recovery, and comes in several different types. I'm just trying to wring the maximum variety and fun out of the game.

There are already things in place to help units recover from disrupt.

If medics, why not USO shows? Maybe have a bonus if the USO show contains Bob Hope?
How about "Doughnut Dollies" to help recover morale?
How about a Chaplin unit? No, not Charlie (though, he would help too!)?
We discussed "Brothel Units" on the Matrix forum.

How about negative morale?
The weather is bad. Getting trench foot when in trenches.
Positive morale?
When an air attack goes against an adjacent wagon and not the combat unit. When an artillery barrage scatters.

How about the Germans get a roll for singing Lile Marlene?

When does it end?
In the scale of the game the morale system works just fine. If there are not enough officers, then that may be a designer issue?

And, it is not a matter of changing flavors and having options. I simply think that the scale of the game gets lost in the "what I would like to see" thoughts.
It is how we got the naval units and on board airplanes? And, how we got six minute tank bridges?

I would not mind having ambulances. But, that they effect the game is where I begin to have a problem.
What if I wanted night combat to be a completely black screen, because I thought it would be cool? You would not be able to see terrain or any units. Yet, you would have negotiate terrain and find the victory hexes while bumping into enemy units? Where does it end?

Before we change the vanilla (with toppings) game to chocolate without toppings, can we step back and see what effect it has overall?

cheers

HSL

Messages In This Thread
RE: An idea for a new class of units - medical unit types - by Herr Straße Laufer - 02-02-2013, 11:36 PM