• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New unit type: Leader with direct fire capability
01-27-2013, 09:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013, 11:16 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: New unit type: Leader with direct fire capability
Spotted Leaders - Regardless of unit types

See this discussion thread: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=61163

As Stu Leaders are very easily spotted, there's a few peculiarities with Leaders who are spotted when there's still some unspotted units in the same hex.

I ran a thorough test, with Foot Leaders, Mot. Leaders, and Stu Leaders.

Here's the Leader Parade from the friendly turn:

[Image: leader-parade-friendly_zps9bfd2287.png]

And here's how the visibility die rolls presented them to hostiles:

[Image: leader-parade-hostile_zpsfbc089ec.png]

The spotted Stu Leader: he was killed right away. The ATG in same hex remain unspotted, unhurt.

[Image: leader-parade-hostile-stu-kill_zps2013e3c2.png]

I massed a lot of tanks to kill the visible Foot Leader. However it took me two scenario turns to kill him with forces available.

First turn, and two firing rounds: no results. Second turn, first firing round: no results.

[Image: leader-parade-hostile-nokill_zpsdd225900.png]

Second turn, second firing round: Success! These leaders never retreat unless they retreat with a friendly unit fired at. When they are the sole targets in a hex with unspotted other units, they stay until they die.

[Image: leader-parade-hostile-footldrkill_zps7b5234e8.png]

Just to prove there was another unit there as well, who was not spotted at any time, nor harmed:

[Image: leader-parade-friendly-losses_zps369553bc.png]

Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New unit type: Leader with direct fire capability - by Crossroads - 01-27-2013, 09:08 PM