• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx2 tactical notes and observations
01-11-2013, 03:48 AM,
RE: CMBN general notes and observations
SWEEP THE OBJECTIVE AREA CLEAR
I just ran a series of small tests to re-confirm that to get points for occupying the area, you MUST drive out or kill all enemy units from it.
The map below awarded 400 pts (different maps award different points) to the sole occupier at the end of the game, but if both players occupied it, it stayed neutral and they both got zero points.
It doesn't seem to matter the size of unit you've got in there, for example the German has 3 Panthers in this zone, but the USA only has a 2-man sniper team in it, but that's enough to keep it neutral.
[Image: ob-zone.gif]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

SURRENDERS AND CEASEFIRES
I've also been testing them and found that a Surrender awards the other player maximum kill points for all your units just as if he'd killed them all (even if many were still alive), and it also awards him maximum objective area points even if he had no units in there, while you on the other hand, get zero points for anything.

A ceasefire on the other hand is much less drastic, and simply locks the current scores in place. (i.e.- you get points for whatever enemy units you've killed, and points if you were sole occupier of the obj area)

Personally I always surrender to make a clean break if I know I haven't a chance of winning, so why drag it out like a messy divorce, ha ha!
But if I think I'm on course for a draw, or am possibly winning, i might discuss a mutual ceasefire with my oppo rather than drag it out.

Incidentally don't let yourself be bullied into surrendering or ceasefiring if you don't want to, for example one guy was annoyed and kept saying to me- "you're beat, so why don't you surrender?", but what he didn't know was that I'd got a small squad in the obj area which stopped him getting points for it, but I wasn't going to tell him that or he'd go hunt them down.

Also, if its a tourney where scores are taken into account to determine rankings, think twice before surrendering or ceasefiring if it's going to mean you slip down the rankings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME ENDINGS
I'm still testing this, but from what I've seen so far, QB's don't automatically end, not even if you or your oppo have got no more units left, and not even if the game has run its full length!
For example a 30-turn game will apparently always go into overtime to 35 turns or more, and it seems the only way to stop it is to agree to cease fire!

One way round it would be for both players to agree before the start of the game to mutually hit Ceasefire on whatever turn they decide upon, for example after 15 or 20 or 30 turns or whatever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

VARIABLE ENDINGS?
Unlike old Cm1, it appears Cmbn games always have an inbuilt variable ending, or else they run on forever.
For example despite setting 'Game Length 30 turns', I'm finding every QB will go into overtime, the numbers turn red after the 30th turn (circled below) and the game continues into turn 31, 32, 33 etc, so what me and my oppos do is to hit Ceasefire after turn 30 as soon as the numbers turn red, otherwise it could roll on forever or until the program decides to stop it.
(I ran a 30-turn test and it went on to about turn 38, so i got fed up of waiting and ended it myself)
[Image: ovtime.gif]

PS- Of course, Battlefront might bring out updates/upgrades/ modules etc in the future with new scoring systems, so don't take all the above as gospel
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CMBN general notes and observations - by PoorOldSpike - 01-11-2013, 03:48 AM
RE: CMBN general notes and observations - by Nort - 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM