• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Collateral hexes & asymmetric victory
12-19-2012, 03:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 03:37 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
RE: Collateral hexes & asymmetric victory
The Asymmetric Scoring is somewhat complicated to describe, at least for me. It's a cumulative type of scoring that gives the disadvantaged side more of a chance to 'win' if it manages to keep its own casualties low, but inflict damage on the 'superior' side or hold onto an objective over the course of the game. You earn victory points after each turn, which starts to add up quickly over the course of a scenario.

In reality, it's a tough system to get to work well. When Modern War was in development, Joao tried to utilize this type of scoring system at first, but we all struggled to get results that seemed to make sense while we were testing the scenarios. He reverted back to the standard type of scoring which ended up working out for the best.

I'm not sure I've seen AS used effectively so I could point out as a model to follow if trying to craft scenarios around it.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collateral hexes & asymmetric victory - by TheBigRedOne - 12-19-2012, 03:34 AM