• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Improving Night Move Disruption
12-18-2012, 07:13 PM,
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption
Dog Soldier,

Thanks for your detailed comments; as you point out, there are certainly many factors involved. Your point which I found most convincing is that if you want to move units up into attack positions to be ready at dawn, use good quality troops and move them in the night turn so even if they disrupt they have a decent chance of rallying to be able to assault at dawn.

However I proposed the one-hex-into-friendly-occupied hex exemption because I do think there could be situations where night moves could go more or less smoothly, because routes have been reconoittered, marked, with guides from adjacent units, etc. But these would probably be a small subset of night moves, so no big deal.

I still find night assaults too easy to do without disruption, however. While I'm playing against the AI, I don't understand why that is particularly important; whether I'm assaulting a disrupted AI or human-controlled unit, shouldn't the result be the same? Generally I don't do night assaults unless I'm rather confident that they'll succeed, and if they do succeed the attackers are almost never disrupted, which seems odd.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 04:00 AM