• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Improving Night Move Disruption
12-18-2012, 05:22 PM,
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption
First I would point out that not all titles have a value in the pdt for night disruption. the patches added an entry placeholder of zero. Perhaps as a community we can determine what a good value for each title published before T43 or F14 should be.

I would expect the MC titles to want something a little less than what can be used in PzC.

Bottom line, is this parameter can have a big effect on a two or three day scenario where the VC are geared to knowing people would fight on through the night. The best impact is in the campaign games where this rule really changes the tempo making people think ahead on that last daylight turn whether to remain in contact or not with the opposing force.
Best to have both parties agree on it before the game starts.

OJW - has an interesting point about travel mode. However, I would like to ask, should a unit be able to deploy as you propose after the first second or third defensive fire from the unit 'bumped into' or after a defensive artillery barrage is called down on the luckless travel mode unit? Should only defensive fire be allowed as you propose while the unit is vulnerable? I can see that being abused. Defensive fire can never even happen in many cases.
The current arrangement where your opponent is allowed to pummel the travel mode unit in his turn simulates not an end to end arrangement as each player takes a turn, but an abstraction of what happened in those two hours without a strict sequence of 'this happened in my turn, now that happened in your turn'.

I, for one, like the current arrangement as is makes one think hard before barreling down a road or across country in travel mode. And if there are enemy units in your backfield waiting to ambush such a unit, then better rear area security is required or maybe a judgement that the front is broken, fluid or whatever one wants to call it and move much more carefully, even in 'safe zones'.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by Dog Soldier - 12-18-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 04:00 AM