• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Improving Night Move Disruption
12-18-2012, 02:22 AM,
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption
For what it's worth, IMO, going from past conflicts on into the modern era to present day, more and more activities are being conducted at night. I served from 78-82 and 91-95 and despite all those years before I joined, while I was and the years between my volunteering and the second round I was in, being Mech inf, nuke security near the front during the Cold War, mech inf again and then the second time, was all Light Inf, no matter how much you train, things still get disrupted during night operations, not always, but still frequent enough. Besides the things mentioned by Dog Soldier, you have to consider the route the lead element or single man takes might not be exactly the one selected. Other obstacles could be a fence no one knew or thought about that disrupts the timing and slowing the advance because the only way around it was wide enough for only one man at a time. One cannot know everything about a battle area or movement route. The lead element could take a wrong turn resulting in more time to get to where they are going. I have still been able to move most of my units at night without too much disruption. If anything, I would think because WWII was more in the beginning of doing things at night, disruption at night should be higher or leaving it where it is at, movement would cost more making things much slower.

Something I would rather see is a change in contact for units in travel mode. Of course it would be a random percentage because it could go either way. I am in a tourney where I had PG company in tmode run into a small para unit, movement went to zero and my next turn it is broken, an A or B quality unit at that. I can accept the broken as part of the going either way because it could also have just been disrupted or unaffected, that is the random part of it. Considering whether it is a day or night turn is irrelevant because we are talking at least two hours per turn. I find it hard to believe every unit will always stay in tmode, especially the better quality uniits. There should be something that will automatically change the unit from tmode to tactical mode similar to units in squad battles going to ground when fired upon. That would make more sense to me. The opening volley may have been enough to break a unit, but it should be more random and a unit deploys rather than staying in tmode all the time. Just a thought.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by 76mm - 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by Outlaw Josey Wales - 12-18-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by ComradeP - 12-19-2012, 02:34 AM
RE: Improving Night Move Disruption - by raizer - 12-19-2012, 04:00 AM