• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good reason for strict purchase limits
09-13-2012, 07:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012, 07:03 AM by Weasel.)
RE: Good reason for strict purchase limits
(09-13-2012, 05:21 AM)eltorrente Wrote: If the Combat Force setting is set to "Mix", that should imply that there will be mixed forces, right? If it's set to "Armor Only", then I'd expect to see a mass of tanks. Picking a force that is armor only when the setting is on "Mix" is pretty gamey. Yes, the game allows it, but damn it's lame.

I've played several PBEM games with people who aren't friends that I know personally - just random people I've hooked up to play, both here and at the Battlefront forums.

I've honestly never had any ground rules, and no "issues" with my opponent picking crazy forces. I just got lucky, I guess.

Something about buying only units that can kill anything, at any range - and being invulnerable to anything, at any range from the front, just seems really lame to me. I would honestly be embarrassed to be known as the guy who will pull something like that anytime you don't expressly forbid it beforehand.

I think most people actually like to play realistically and enjoy fighting a battle that actually could have happened in real life. Infantry manuevering and sneaking around, fighting it out for strategic spots on the map, half-tracks rushing troops and AT guns around - that's when the fighting is really fun.

If I had nothing but, say, 5 Tigers though, the planning phase would be like, "o.k., I'm gonna put this Tiger here and watch this area, this one will sit here, etc." Then I watch the movie and wait for some squad or tank to get spotted and blam they're dead. It doesn't sound like it would be much fun for me or my opponents. I'd get the Win though.. WooHoo!

A part of this "issue" that should be mentioned is how many hours of planning and analyzing is spent in a typical game. Since I know my opponent is investing so much of his/her time, I don't want to waste it - and want them to have a good time.

This is a good post. Thumbs Up
(09-13-2012, 06:27 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: How come QB are so popular with CMx2? Batman Confused

Are the stock scenarios that bad, or do you guys enjoy knowing that the enemy does not know exactly what forces you have and where their setup locations are?

I like scenarios, but some can be dogs of course. The problem I have with them is once you play them you know everything about them.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good reason for strict purchase limits - by Weasel - 09-13-2012, 07:02 AM