• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Good reason for strict purchase limits
09-09-2012, 05:19 AM,
RE: Good reason for strict purchase limits
(09-09-2012, 04:39 AM)weapon42 Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 08:03 AM)Weasel Wrote: Just got my butt handed to me by five panthers, no infantry, no artillery, just five panthers with good fields of fire. The discouraging thing is I am suffering the same fate in another battle where once again my opponent only has panthers. Those five panthers stopped cold an infantry battalion with a troop of armour supporting coupled with 4 air strikes and 3 artillery batteries.

This brings up two points for me:

1. strict rarity must be used to even things out more; and
2. it seems the German players can only play if they have the very best armour, you never see PzIVs.

I must put in my 2 cents. I believe you are talking about the 5 panthers that I purchased.I need to point out a few issues that you made that I dont agree with.
Strict rarity is something I would have played with if you requested it.You agreed to a no groundrules game.You can't agree to a no groundrules game and then complain about strict rarity and the guy bought all panthers after you lose.You could have bought all Fireflys.How was I to know that you wouldnt?
"German players can only play if they have the very best armour, you never see PzIVs."I have played plenty of games with no tigers or panthers.I believe you purchased 2 Fireflys.Why did you buy the very best armor of the British?
But lets get to the point, even though I was defending with 5 Panthers, the game was winnable from your side and when you get crushed you blame it on rarity and German tanks,lol.You just played and attacked poorly.Das Tiger just recently delt me a total loss and I took 9 Panthers.He played better than I did, thats it.
Please don't take this personal Weasel but your attack plan was highly questionable.You brought all of your armor straight over a crest on a frontal attack with no flanking attack at all.You didnt use smoke effectively at all.Your plane attacks were a disaster.The game result would have been no different if I had 5 Pziv's.Also please get your facts correct, 6,ooo Panthers were built in WW2.Also remember rarity is what was available in Normandy, not for the war.

And for the record I play anyside under whatever groundrules are agreed upon.

9 Panthers? Big Grin How do you lose with 9 Panthers, anway? I can't imagine picking 9 pathers and not feeling guilty about it. If you win, well it's because of the crazy force you picked - and if you lose, you must not be much of a tactics guy. Just seems like it would be a hollow victory to win with an overpowered force like that.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good reason for strict purchase limits - by eltorrente - 09-09-2012, 05:19 AM