• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
06-10-2012, 04:01 AM,
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 28

French commander (Foul) turn 28 thoughts:
In the north
A mass of Rick's cavalry can be seen making for my flank north of Lens, my line here will burst for sure but he only has
three turns left so the end of the scenario may come to my aid here, Lens itself must expect some desperate assaults in
the next three moves and i don't expect to hold the city and the 1500 VP's if Rick can bring a lot of units to bear in multiple assaults.

In the centre
To a large extent i am not really in control of events here, most of my units are disrupted and for the first time Rick
gained a foothold on Vimy ridge by taking Farbus, this was frustrating as fresh units of the 7e DC were only one hex away!!

Further south i did get fresh units into Balleul and so i may hold that important hex and Arras is now obviously beyond Rick's reach.

In the south
Although i have lost both VP hex's i hope i might have a chance of retaking the northernmost hex with the elite 45e DI div that is
rushing in from the west.

Still everything is in the air as it is possible that Rick could take thousands of points in the last couple of moves.

German commander (RickyB) turn 28 thoughts:
2 turns left at the end of my turn, so time is running out. I have made some progress in areas, but the key area to try and reach a draw is Lens, where I didn't accomplish too much. I do have a lot of cav massed for the final 2 turns, formed up to charge if the opportunity presents itself.
Lens is very unlikely to fall, as it is too well protected and the river line blocks most lines of advance. I may take 1-2 other objectives, but even with Lens' unlikely fall, would be short of a draw by a small amount.
But I will push on and see what I can do.

[Image: 256b78f89cArras_AAR_turn28_French.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 06-10-2012, 04:01 AM