• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Commander Portraits
06-01-2012, 08:06 AM,
RE: Commander Portraits
This raises an ethical point about respect for the memory of individual soldiers. My own belief is that an individual leader named MUST have his own correct picture. Mike has shown how this can be done to get (eg) the little pic of Patton into the slot for 3rd Army Command.
It is more difficult with those less well known. I have a Kap'yong scen (Korea) waiting Mikes revision of the Chicom values. I felt in building it that the nature of the fight required Aussie leaders down to Coy level. My research gave me the names of those soldiers, one a quite well-known figure in our history. The photo shots in the CS files do not depict any of these men. So should I just allow the computer to pick a face, knowing it will not be the face of any of my Coy OCs? And what about a warrior of the recent past still living, but shown with somebody elses mug shot?

Tricky, I think. One way to avoid using names is to identify a leader as (eg) CO 1MX*, OC B/1MX. But what if the picture attached is that of Montgomery?

One idea might be to have some sort of non-face icon.

* CO 1st Bn The Middlesex Regiment.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Commander Portraits - by Hobbes - 06-01-2012, 06:42 AM
RE: Commander Portraits - by Warhorse - 06-01-2012, 07:02 AM
RE: Commander Portraits - by K K Rossokolski - 06-01-2012, 08:06 AM
RE: Commander Portraits - by Hobbes - 06-04-2012, 02:26 AM