• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Smolensk '41: Strategy and Tactics
05-18-2012, 04:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2012, 04:03 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Smolensk '41: Strategy and Tactics
I am glad that you realise that the AI is a poor opponent (although it is a great tool to learn the game system with) because like myself and many other here if your first PBEM opponent is not against a newbie you would have been in for a hell of a shock when your opponent punish's your every mistake and lack of experience! Big Grin

However i found the learning curve great fun and i improved with each game, until i was able to hold my own against all but the best players.

In a scenario with a possibility that your opponents units will appear in your rear you need to have a security force available to surround and destroy these units, when you realise that they will be suffering from low fuel/ low ammo (or both) what looks like a strong force can actually be very weak in combat abilities, but that is of course hidden by FOW and that is where a players experience plays a key role, if you know what to look for you can tell that a unit is low on ammo due to its low fire results.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Smolensk '41: Strategy and Tactics - by Ubercat - 05-18-2012, 03:05 AM
RE: Smolensk '41: Strategy and Tactics - by Mr Grumpy - 05-18-2012, 04:03 AM
RE: Smolensk '41: Strategy and Tactics - by Al - 05-18-2012, 09:26 AM
RE: Smolensk '41: Strategy and Tactics - by Havoc - 07-05-2012, 01:13 AM